- A Beatutiful Campus Scenario to all our Students
Festival and Functions.
The Inauguration function and blessing of Lourdes Mount College of Engineering & Technology held on 15 July, 2013 at 10 am. Col. Dr. Jeppiaar, M.A., B.L., Ph.D, the chief guest, Fr. Solomon, Vicar General, Diocese of Kottar lighted the Kuthuvillakku. Fr. A. Gabriel, Vicar-Postulator, Martyr DevasahayamPillai blessed the occasion. Prof. C. Augustine, the Director of the college, Mrs. L. ShalinJency, Secretary and Shri. P. Lawrence, the Chairman presented during the function. The special invitees to the function, Smt. J. Helen Davidson, M.Sc., B.Ed., M.P. Kanyakumari, and Shri. S. John Jacob, M.L.A, Killiyoor, Rev. Fr. Benny, Parish Priest, Mullanganavilai, Rev. Fr. Soosai, Parish Priest, Simon Colony and Rev. Fr. Joseph Romald, Parish Priest, Mangalakuntu.
- Celebrating EventsFresher’s day is celebrated every year to welcome the newly admitted students in every year.Every year the harvest festival of Kerala, Onam will be celebrated with traditional games and Onapookkalam Competition.
- Fresher’s Day
- Christmas day
- Onam Celebration
- National Education day
- Youth Day
- Pongal Celebration
- Annual Celebration
- Senior's Day
Youth Red Cross (YRC) is a voluntary service body which supports Humanitarian services to the fellow human being in Health related services to the community through Voluntary Service. The aim of YRC is “to serve” for others. Awareness program about the donation of Organs, blood etc are being conducted every year inside the campus. Our college students are participating for donating blood for those who suffers from various diseases at various places. YRC also provides training to develop leadership quality and overall personality improvement of the students by organizing and participating in the activities of YRC.
- 1. Collecting and Updating Blood Donor Database for Blood Donation
- 2. Organizing Blood Grouping and Blood Donation Camp
- 3. Campus Cleaning
- 4. Visit to Ashrams and Orphanages
- 5. Road Safety Program
- 6. Helping Blind Students by Reading
- 7. Library Restacking
- 8. Mr. D. Rajan, HOD of Maths, is the coordinator of YRC.
Red Ribbon Clubs are envisaged to instill among all the students in the educational institutions values of service, develop healthy life styles, and increase access to safe and adequate quantities of blood to all the needy by promotion of Regular voluntary blood donation
- 1. To instill life skills into youths to live better and healthier life.
- 2. Increasing the capacity of the educationsystemin teaching, training of various basic healthaspects and helping the adolescents and youths for achieving positive health
- 3. To ensure that every college going youth in the state is equipped with conceptual knowledge about various basic health aspects which he may possibly encounter during his life.
- 4. To motivate youth and build their capacity as peer educators and change agents by developing their skills on leadership, negotiation, and team building
- 5. To promote voluntary non‐remunerated blood donation among youth.
- 6. Promote Regular voluntary blood donation by young people and increase access to safe and adequate quantities of blood.
- 8. Mr. D. Rajan, HOD of Maths, is the coordinator of YRC.
The National Service Scheme (NSS) is an Indian government sponsored public service programme conducted by the Department of Youth Affairs and Sports of the Government of India. Popularly known as NSS, the scheme was launched in Gandhiji's Centenary year, 1969. Aimed at developing student's personality through community service.
- 1. Free Medical Camp
- 2. Rain Water Harvesting
- 3. Conducting a Social Economy Survey
- 4. Planting Tree Saplings
- 5. Technical Training for Youths
- 6. Literacy Campaigning
- 7. Cleaning Schools and Temple Premises at the village.
- Motto: The motto of NSS is "NOT ME BUT YOU". It underlines that the welfare of an individual is ultimately dependent on the welfare of the society as a whole. This expresses the essence of democratic living and upholds the need of self-less service and appreciation of the other man's point of view and also consideration for fellow human beings. Therefore NSS volunteers shall strive for the well being of the society.
- Symbol: The NSS symbol is based on the "Rath Wheel" of the Konark Sun Temple of Orissa. The giant wheel portrays the cycles of creation, preservation and release and signifies the movement in life across time and space. The design of the symbol, a simplified form of Sun Chariot Wheel primarily depicts movement. The wheel signifies the progressive cycle of life. The symbol thus stands for continuity as well as change and implies the continuous striving for social change.
- QIC – Quality Improvement Cell: In order to improve the Quality of Education, it has become essential to improve the teaching skills and knowledge of the teachers in the subjects they teach. The Centre for Faculty Development started by the University conducts faculty development training programs to cater to the needs of faculty members for the past 10 years. The Centre trains the teachers to plan and prepare the lessons, understand the subject contents and improve the teaching quality. These programs are conducted during the summer / winter vacation to enable the teachers to participate and benefit. The resource persons are experienced faculty members from University and also experts from the industry.
||Mr. Edwin Selva Rex
- E-Cell: The E-CELL of Lourdes Mount College of Engineering and Technology is working under Tirunelveli Hub of Entrepreneurship Development and Innovation Institute (EDII), Chennai which was established in 2001 is an apex organisation in the field of entrepreneurship education and self-employment promotion in the state of Tamil Nadu.
EDII was constituted by Government of Tamil Nadu as a not-for- profit society and is administered by Department of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME). Headed by the Addl. Chief Secretary who is also the Director of the Institute, EDII is managed under the superintendence of a Governing Council, appointed by the Government of Tamil Nadu
- Vision: To become an aspirational and inclusive entrepreneurship and business innovation centrewith EDII and emerge as the regional resource under Tirunelvelihub in education, training, research & practice in Entrepreneurship &Innovation.
- Mission: Rapid, sustainable and inclusive growth of entrepreneurs within LMCET which encourages innovation by youth for effective entrepreneurship competency development, partnerships, business network development, advocacy, training, communication, innovation promotion and business facilitation services, leading to job growth and economic development.